Chrome ore beneficiation processes involve gravity separation, flotation, and magnetic separation. Magnetic separation is suitable for chromite with better magnetic permeability for improved concentrate grade.
offers custom chrome ore processing plant and equipment, including washing, crushing, grinding, gravity separation, and magnetic separation, with low cost and maximum recovery of ore.
If you are interested in our products, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chrome Beneficiation Process
Chrome ore, also known as chromite, is often associated with ferrochromium and has a strong affinity for iron. Industrial-grade chrome ore typically contains a significant amount of chromium oxide, ranging from 18% to 62%, along with aluminum and nickel impurities. Various beneficiation processes are employed for chrome ore due to its unique properties, including gravity separation, magnetic separation, flotation, combined beneficiation, and chemical beneficiation. The choice of specific beneficiation process depends on the results of beneficiation testing.
Gravity separation, which offers low investment costs and rapid returns, is commonly used for chrome ore beneficiation. Equipment such as spiral chutes, shaking tables, and jig separators are frequently applied in the gravity separation stage. The selection of equipment for the magnetic separation stage depends on the magnetic properties of the ore. As a result, gravity and magnetic separation processes are commonly used in chrome ore beneficiation.
Chrome Ore Processing Plant
1. Alluvial Chrome Wash Plant
This is a complete alluvial chrome wash plant with a processing capacity of 150 tons per hour. The system includes a vibrating feeder, trommel screen, belt conveyor, slurry pump, and spiral chutes. Here are the details of the raw ore:
- Feeding capacity: 150 tons per hour
- Chrome concentrate size: Less than 2mm
- 0-2mm mineral content in raw ore: Approximately 70%
- No sticky clay content in the raw ore
The plant follows a free flow design with the following stages:
- Feeding: The raw ore is delivered to the raw material hopper by an excavator or truck. It is then evenly fed into the trommel screen via a vibrating feeder. The vibrating feeder is equipped with a grizzly bar with a 75mm gap. Any rocks larger than 75mm are directed to a waste stockpile through a belt conveyor.
- Washing stage: The ore with a size range of 0-75mm is sent to the trommel screen for sieving. The trommel screen separates the ore into two fractions: 0-2mm and 2-75mm. The particles sized 2-75mm are sent to a waste stockpile using a belt conveyor, while the particles sized 0-2mm go to a slurry tank.
- Gravity separation: The chrome concentrate is obtained through gravity separation utilizing spiral chutes. The slurry pump is used to send the 0-2mm particles to the first stage spiral chute group for separation into chrome concentrate, middling, and tailing. The tailing is directed to a tailing pool. The middling from the first stage spiral chute group is then transferred to the second stage spiral chute group using a slurry pump for further processing, allowing for enhanced recovery of chrome concentrate.
This setup is suitable for large processing capacities and offers cost-effectiveness, resulting in a good recovery effect. By selecting the appropriate chrome mining equipment and designing the chrome wash process plant carefully, it is possible to improve the grade of chrome concentrate, maximize the utilization of chrome ore resources, and maximize your benefits.
2. Rock Chromite Processing Plant
For rock chrome ore processing, various chrome mining equipment such as crushing and grinding machines are required. This configuration is designed for a rock chrome processing plant and includes the following equipment:
- Vibrating feeder
- Jaw crusher
- Cone crusher
- Vibrating screen
- Ball mill
- Spiral chutes
- Shaking tables
The plant follows a free flow design and consists of the following stages:
- Crushing stage: The raw ore stone is uniformly fed into the primary jaw crusher by a vibrating feeder, ensuring a smooth and even feed. The vibrating feeder is equipped with a grizzly bar to remove oversized material, which is directed to the primary jaw crusher. Small-sized material below the grizzly bar is sent to the fine crusher through a conveyor, enhancing the crushing effectiveness of the primary jaw crusher.
- Screening stage: The primary jaw crusher reduces the size of the rock chrome ore to a smaller size, which is then transferred to the cone crusher for fine crushing. The cone crusher further crushes the rock chrome ore below 20mm. However, before entering the cone crusher, the material passes through a vibrating screen for the removal of oversize particles larger than 20mm, redirecting them back to the cone crusher for re-crushing. The undersize material of 0-20mm is directed to a storage bin before entering the ball mill.
- Grinding stage: The undersize material of 0-20mm is smoothly conveyed to the ball mill by an electromagnetic vibrating feeder and belt conveyor. The ball mill then grinds the material into a fine powder. To ensure optimal process efficiency, the ball mill works in conjunction with a spiral classifier. The overflow slurry from the classifier contains approximately 80% 200mesh powder, while the oversize particles are recycled back to the ball mill for further grinding, creating a closed-loop system.
- Recovery stage: The 200mesh slurry is pumped into the gravity separation machines, including spiral chutes and shaking tables. The spiral chute performs the primary concentration, and the heavy concentrate ore discharged from the two-stage spiral chutes is further processed on the shaking table to obtain a higher-grade chrome concentrate.
The capacity of this setup can be customized according to your requirements, ranging from 2tph to larger capacities. Additionally, if higher-grade chrome concentrate is desired, a high-intensity magnetic separator can be added in the final stage. This flexible plant design allows for customization based on the specific conditions of your rock chrome ore.
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: email@example.com Get Price Leave a message General Specification ,
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get Price Leave a message The rod mill is a grinding mill that utilizes steel rods as the grinding medium in the cylinder. It is commonly used in various indust…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: email@example.com Get Price Leave a message A ceramic ball mill is a type of ball mill that is lined with ceramic material and uses ceramic balls as the grinding media. The ceram…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get Price Leave a message Hydrocyclones are mineral processing equipment used to separate and remove heavier coarse particles of mud and sand and other material…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: email@example.com Get Price Leave a message The magnetic separator relies on the magnetic and mechanical forces acting on the particles in a magnetic field to achieve separation…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get Price Leave a message Formation of Mineralized Foam: The agitation and mixing of the pulp and air bubbles result in t…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: email@example.com Get Price Leave a message The spiral classifier, also known as the classifier or horizontal spiral classifier, is a type of equipment used in ore processing p…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get Price Leave a message The shaking table is a gravity separation machine that is widely used in many industries to separate fine materials. It can be emplo…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: email@example.com Get Price Leave a message The spiral chute is a domestic equipment developed in 1977 that combines the advantages of spiral concentrators, shaking tables, and c…
Get Price And Support Whatsapp +8618637198006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Get Price Leave a message The mixer, also known as an agitating tank or a mixing tank, is a necessary equipment in various industries. It is driven by an el…